Our Client an International Oil and Gas Operating Company are looking for a Lead Buyer to be based in Esbjerg, Denmark. The role will be offered with a long term contract and a negotiable daily rate.
As Lead Buyer you’ll be responsible for monitoring current Contracts within the Offshore Department
- Prepares, negotiates and issues contracts in respect of Company rules, including HSE rules, internal procedures and applicable legislation.
- Conducts market intelligence activities to ensure Company has proper benchmarks for related categories.
- Leads cross functional teams consisting of business end users, Contract Owners, Technical Duets, Finance, HSE, Legal, Company Group Procurement during the Call for Tender process.
- Challenges and ensures team have applied both technical and commercial optimization in any contracting strategy by applying thorough scope demand management, standardized specifications and cost consciousness.
- Liaises with other affiliates globally and Group Procurement to ensure optimization of value by leveraging on best practices and economies of scale.
- Drives functional excellence in the C&P department through streamlined local and global processes. Facilitates effective Supplier Relationship Management, including engagement with Global Procurement to establish top quartile Key Performance Indicators with relevant Suppliers.
- Coordinates subcontractor housing and movements with particular focus during crew change for Offshore operations
- Bachelor / University degree qualified in Business, Procurement, Law, Engineering or relevant business area.
- Relevant experience within Contracts in the Oil & Gas Industry or similar – or a relevant operational experience with a strong interest in service contracts, understanding of technical scopes and related risks.
- Demonstrable knowledge & understanding of procurement processes including: ethical principles; bidder prequalification; invitation to tender; comparative evaluation of contractors; & award, management, amendment & close out of contracts, ideally with practical experience in preparation and negotiation of complex technical contracts.
- General understanding of the technologies utilised by oil and gas operators.