Airswift is seeking applicants for the contract position Laser Scan Operator / Surveyor to work on our client's chemical facility sites. The position will be 12-month contract opportunity based out of Mobile, AL with overnight travel expected 75%. Travel costs covered
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of surveying and/or 3D scanning experience OR an Associate’s degree in Computer Aided Design, Industrial Technology, or similar degree
- Candidate MUST have experience with AutoCAD
- Candidate must be able to pass a drug screen, background check, and have a satisfactory driving record
- Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Assist with the performance of field surveys using 3D laser surveying equipment to complete project tasks
- Candidate must have elevated attention to details, work well within a team environment, enjoy/rise to the challenges of working with/learning new software and methodologies
- Perform post processing of the 3D laser scan data
- Involves visits to industrial facilities, walking on elevated platforms and walkways, and working near equipment and machinery
- 75% travel with overnight stays for projects will be required.
- Prefer to have Aveva E3D Knowledge, LFM, or SmartPlant experience