The Lab Trainee Specialist's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Using laboratory information management systems (LIMS) to manage samples, testing, results, specifications, and reports.
- Performing laboratory instrumental analyses (primarily gas chromatography) for product quality control and other compliance testing.
- Performing wet lab bench chemistry analyses including, but not limited to color assays, corrosion tests, titrations, vapor pressure, RVP, TOC, sulfur, chloride, fluoride, ammonia, moisture, pH, and specific gravity.
- Maintaining sample cylinders, sample containers, sample labels, and other sampling systems.
- Providing maintenance and troubleshooting to laboratory instruments and systems.
- Maintaining adequate inventory of lab supplies and consumables to ensure lab operations.
- Recycles and/or disposes of laboratory wastes according to laboratory procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Monitoring test method performance using quality control tools.
- Reviewing results to ensure data entered in LIMS is accurate, free of errors, and complete.
- Reporting analytical data to customers in a timely manner.
- Works safely.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Associates degree in Chemistry or related field is required.
- Two years laboratory experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of gas chromatography (both operation and maintenance) and other analytical methods commonly used in the NGL and Natural Gas industry is required.
- Knowledge of statistical quality control practices and ability to apply them in a laboratory environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to safety, honesty, and integrity.
- Must have a valid driver's license and acceptable driving record.
- Proficient computer skills in email, spreadsheets, and word processing are required.
- Ability to learn and develop proficiency in LIMS, instrumental data systems, computer based training, and computer based accounting is essential.
- Effective verbal/written communication skills, decision making skills, and a strong work ethic.
- Accountable and self-driven to learn, and to continuously develop skills through both formalized and on the job training.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple work tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work a rotating shift schedule.
(1-3 years exp)