Laboratory Technician. Airswift. Pau, France
Airswift has been tasked by one of our major clients to seek a Laboratory Technician to work within their facilities in Pau, France on a 1-year contract.
The laboratory aims to characterize the phenomena involved at the well/reservoir interface. This work makes it possible to define the technical solutions to be implemented to maximize the productivity or injectivity of the wells.
Day to day responsibilities:
- The requested service concerns in particular the performance of laboratory manipulations including: The treatment of drilling mud cakes, damage to drilling mud, acidification of reservoirs, the retention of sands, sensitivity to clays, drainage of production water or additives through rock or sand samples.
- Carrying out studies on behalf of subsidiaries and R&D in accordance with the directives of the laboratory manager.
- Gather data, rock samples, chemicals or other samples needed for testing. Update inventories and manage stocks. Contact suppliers of products, samples, and equipment.
- Carry out tests on a measuring bench followed by:
- Analysis and interpretation of the results (excel file provided by the lab).
- Writing a report in English with the deduction of conclusions relevant to the Engineer (presentation of results in English or French).
- Archiving of data and results of experiments as well as technical documentation of the laboratory.
- Writing and updating of operating procedures and HSE test sheets.
- Contribution to the monitoring and maintenance of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and 5S method laboratory certifications. Application of improvement initiatives in coordination with the site HSE and HSEQ entity.
- Participation in the implementation of new experiences, design of new pilots or test benches (design, management of subcontractors, acceptance).
- This service involves contact with a wide range of specialties requiring a perfect understanding of those listed below: physical measurements, chemistry, drilling, geology, petro-physics, reservoir, rock mechanics, instrumentation, electronics, electricity, mechanics, and computer science.
- Fluency in French and English
Should you be interested in this opportunity with a leading company, please apply to this advert with your up-to-date resume.