Airswift is working with one of our clients to find a Lab Technician to join their team for a 3-months contract.
The open position is with the Research Assistant in Metal & Contaminant Team (MC) at Global Laboratory Services . The Metal and Contaminant teams is responsible for metals and non-metals preparation and analyses of a wide variety of organic and aqueous matrices, performing wet chemistry analysis and advances element speciation analysis. Various analytical instrumentation used: ICP AES; ICP-MS and hyphenated techniques such as GC-ICP-MS &, LC-ICP-MS, LA-ICP-MS, titration, wet chemistry, elemental analysis by combustion and XRF techniques
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- The open position requires working in the M&C team
- This is a high volume laboratory which requires fast turnaround time, the capability to set different test methods in aqueous and organic media
- The successful candidate will prepare samples and perform standard and non-standard analytical measurements on elemental analysis by combustion techniques
- Reviewing large volumes of data and quality control interpretation, applicants are required to have proper planning, organizing and flexibility skills.
- Effectively communicate orally and in writing with supervisors, peers, facility support people, project customers, and suppliers; document all experiments, data, and analyses in laboratory notebooks and spreadsheets; write standard operating procedures, technical reports, peer review articles, and presentations.
- More than 2+ years of demonstrated experience in analytical laboratory using X-Ray Fluorescence techniques
- BSc in Chemistry, environmental chemistry, Biochemistry
- Proficient with Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Analytical chemistry skills
- Verbal and written communication skills, multi-tasking, customer service skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage ones time.
- Ability to keep information organized and confidential.
- Advanced degree in Chemistry desired
- Previous laboratory experience in petroleum analysis
- Excellent manual dexterity and eyesight to carry out work on small objects with precision tools
- Ability to maintain and troubleshoot lab apparatus is highly desirable