Airswift has been tasked by one of our key clients to seek a Lab Technician to join them in Moerdijk, the Netherlands on a 12-month contract.
The laboratory has a wide range of complex analytical techniques such as Near Infra Red, Infra red, UV spectroscopy, X-Ray Fluorescence, HPLC, GPC, ion chromatography (IC) combustion-IC GC-MS, GC-headspace TCD PHID, PFPD, XSD, AAS, ICP-OES XRF, UV-F titrimetry and microscopy.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Collects the information required for the task, among other things from work instructions and methods made available; chooses a suitable method/technique as well as the equipment to be used from the available arsenal of methods.
- Checks in advance the condition of all supplies (equipment, chemicals, glassware, etc.), identifies deviations and resolves minor equipment malfunctions.
- Performs all activities in accordance with the ISO 17025 quality management system of the laboratory, identifies any deviations, registers this and takes appropriate action.
- Checks whether the results obtained correspond to the expected values, trends and/or specifications, identifies deviating analysis results and takes appropriate action.
- Makes connections between the different analysis results and sees the connection in case of deviations in the analysis results Reports in writing (by means of LIMS) analysis results of the methods for which he is authorized Performs all actions in accordance with HSE and general BBS regulations and procedures and actively takes note of changes and additions on this.
- Oversees the purpose of the working group's activities and the consequences thereof on the activities of the working group and with third parties.
- Interprets/evaluates the results of own actions Uses knowledge of colleagues and coordinates work division with colleagues.
- Works effectively even when conditions change and works efficiently and reliably under increased work pressure.
- BSc Analytical Chemistry. (HLO) starter or several years of experience as an analyst in a refinery or chemical laboratory.