KYC (KNOW YOUR CUSTOMER) ANALYST
Contract type: This is a contract role, with hourly rate based on experience
Start date: ASAP
Contract duration: 6 months
Recruitment Partner: Airswift
We are one of the leading integrated energy companies with activities in exploration, production, transport, and marketing of oil and natural gas. With a market capitalization of €66 billion, we are not only a leading international upstream Company but also Europe’s largest natural gas Company.
In January 2021, we integrated our gas, power, emissions, and LNG (Liquefied Natural Gas) commodity trading activities into one Company to create a leader in the global commodities trading arena. With offices in London, Rome, Brussels, and Singapore, we have created a global center of excellence for trading and commodities risk control.
The KYC Analyst is part of the Finance & Risk function with the objective of ensuring the assessment and monitoring of counterparty risk in compliance with the policies of the company.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
The main duties and responsibilities of the job holder are:
- Evaluation of our Global Energy Markets' counterparties with particular attention to sanctions and reputational issues;
- In-dept research of information through specific providers and open sources;
- Ensuring, in liaison with the IT units, the correct management of data in the company systems.
The role in question reports to the Head of CREDIT RISK & KYC and works on a daily basis in close contact with:
- Internal Stakeholders - Front Office, Compliance Unit, Internal Audit, IT, Back Office, other Group companies;
- External Stakeholders - Infoproviders (Cribis, DnB, Infospectrum).
- More than 3 years of experience in a similar role, preferably in the Gas, Oil or LNG area within primary trading companies, brokers or banks or consulting companies (if external);
- 3 years of experience in compliance, organization, administration, internal audit/Sox or similar role (if internal);
- Developed communication, listening, negotiation and argumentation skills;
- Ability to problem solve both commercial and operational cases;
- Proven ability to carry out tasks independently, with limited operational supervision;
- Developed methodical faculties, organization, attention to detail, resilience to stress, self-discipline and ability to work in an environment subject to frequent and rapid change;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Fluency in both Italian and English (written and oral), knowledge of one or more additional languages being an asset;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite.
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift.