Airswift has been tasked by one of our major oil & gas clients to seek for Junior Piping Engineer to work within their facilities located in Singapore.
- Understands the basic technical requirements of project specifications and standards, local statutory and regulatory requirements, Classification Society requirements. Understands the applicability of codes and standards to perform piping activities and prepare piping deliverables.
- Under guidance performs the assigned task and prepares the piping deliverables for Lead Piping Engineer to review.
- Understands the routine technical and engineering related issues, learns to analyze the issues and interpret available data / details and resolves them with guidance from Senior Piping Engineer or Lead Piping Engineer.
- Carries out pipe wall thickness calculation, bolt length calculations and piping components.
- Prepares bill of materials for piping bulk items (like pipe, flanges and fittings), valves, piping specialty items, gaskets, stud bolts and nuts and pipe support materials.
- Provides piping weight inputs for weight control report.
- Prepares data sheets for process critical and non-critical piping specialty items including obtaining the process parameters required for design and manufacturing of process critical items.
- Prepares requisitions for piping bulk items, valves, piping specialty items, gaskets, stud bolts and nuts, spring supports, cargo tank heating coil (marine), valve remote control system (marine) and performs a technical evaluation of bids received from various suppliers to ensure shortlisted vendors meet technical requirements as per project specifications, and provides an assessment on technically acceptable bids for Buyer to follow up tender evaluation further to conclude and award the purchaser order.
- Conducts kick-off meetings with successful suppliers to ensure clear understanding on scope supply, technical requirements, documentation and delivery conditions to enable supplier to execute the work strictly as per purchase order, reviews supplier drawings / documents and shares the relevant data with engineering contractor to get it incorporated in piping layout design.
- Works closely with suppliers / contractors concerned to resolve technical issues, visits supplier’s manufacturing facilities to witness the FAT, where necessary.
- Prepares piping routine layout, reviews piping isometrics, machinery arrangement layout and piping arrangement guidance drawings for hull marine contractor use.
- Reviews the isometric of critical lines to verify the support locations and ensure that the support types are in line with flexibility analysis report and are adequate to withstand the expected loading conditions.
- Co-ordinates with engineering contractor to implement flexibility analysis findings in the selection of piping support regarding support type, loads on restraints and special support requirements.
- Reviews the isometric of critical lines to verify the support locations, and ensure that the support types are in line with flexibility analysis report and are adequate to withstand the expected loading conditions
- When assigned to construction site, checks and verifies that piping supports are constructed and installed as per isometrics and support drawing details to ensure support functionality in operating condition. In consultation with Lead Piping Engineer, provides resolutions to piping material queries originated from the construction site.
- Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with relevant years of experience.
- 1 to 2 years of relevant working experience in piping engineering in oil and gas sector preferably in FPSO or Offshore processing facilities for graduates, or minimum 5 years relevant working experience for diploma holders.
- Aware of applicable industry standards, Company standards, specifications and procedures related to piping engineering.
- Competent in using the tools and software like MS office, AutoCAD, Navisworks required for preparation of piping documents / deliverables. Familiar with PDMS and/or CAESAR-II.
- Applicants shall be Singaporean or PR status.
*We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified*