Our client, a major Oil & Energy company, is hiring a Junior Accountant to work on a 12-month contract (possible extension) located in Houston, TX.
The professional will be responsible for carrying out accounting and administrative activities including General Ledger and treasury ensuring all day-to-day and month end close activities are completed. Prepare and analyze balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other financial reports. In addition, analyze trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred, among other activities.
- Maintain, monitoring and analyze account activity.
- Ensure invoices are approved, recorded and paid.
- Prepare invoices and monitor collections.
- Work with Treasury for payments and collections.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reporting activities.
- Prepare and record journal entries.
- Granting the collaboration with the tax authorities in cases of tax audits, the statutory book-keeping and the preparation of the financial statements along with the notes, according to the relevant national and international regulations and standards of the Group.
- Preparing and filing of the transfer pricing policy documentation as required by law and the company’s financial information within SOX activities and relevant information flows towards the competent functions of the Company
- Managing the interaction with the external auditors in the audit activities.
- Reconcile inter-company balances.
- Prepare account reconciliations.
- Assist the Accounting Manager with the preparation of data for the interim and year end audits.
- Special projects as needed.
- 2-3 years of relevant accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Familiar with accounting concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to utilize experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Strong understanding of the balance sheets and income statement.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and computer application skills.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Bilingual English-Spanish required.