Our client, a multinational integrated oil and gas company and one of the seven "supermajor" oil companies, is seeking a professional to assist provide guidance and strategy on joint venture decisions to support client’s desired outcomes for its assets in PNG including operated assets with a mix of incorporated and unincorporated joint ventures.
- Assist in monitoring compliance with JV agreements for operated assets & assets operated by others
- Assist the JV/Assets Manager in monitoring the terms stated within Joint Venture related agreements for specific deadlines, budget requirements etc
- Assist JV/Assets Manager to communicate the Company's rights and obligations as they relate to joint venture agreements to various internal and external parties including working with JV manager to advise stakeholders in the research, investigation and resolution of joint venture related queries and disputes.
- Assist in the improvement of JV processes and procedures including organize proper filing of correspondences to / from co-venturers for various joint venture assets, receiving, processing and accurately tracking the progress of Non-Operated Vote-By-Notice and AFE's.
- Prepare internal and external periodic reporting (weekly, monthly) drafts for approvals.
- Upon the direction of the JV/Assets Manager, generate correspondence including drafting, proofreading, and printing, binding and dispatching formal documentation. Material will include, but not limited to, routine correspondence, as well as meeting minutes, presentation materials of Operating Committee Meeting (OCM), Technical Committee Meeting (TCM), Operating Committee Resolutions (OCR), Authorization for Expenditures (AFE), Vote –By-Notice.
- Assist in preparation of internal and coventurer meetings including requesting and reviewing input from other departments, coordinating meeting arrangements, preparation of meeting briefs for senior management, making travel arrangements, arranging payments for invoices related to the trips, cash advance, expenses clearance, etc.
- Network with industry JV personnel to facilitate JV knowledge and career growth e.g. participation in local oil & gas conferences
- At all times maintain and safeguard confidential files, documents and records as they relate to Company operations.
Required Qualification/ Experience
- 1-2 years working experience in legal field preferred, knowledges in any industry are a plus.
- Diploma in Law, Post Legal Training Certificate.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Good quantitative skills.
- High degree of motivation and willingness to learn.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities with accuracy and attention to detail; demonstrate effective interpersonal, communication, teamwork skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to analyze a large amount of written information and write reports based on it.
- Comfortable with long distance international travel.
This position is open to PNG Nationals only.
Applications close on 27th Jun 2022.