Our client, a major Oil and Gas company is seeking a Jetty Superintendent to work in Mozambique for a 12-month contract under a 28X28 rotation schedule.
- Compliance, oversight, guidance and support to the EPC
- Support the implementation of the Company HSE Policies and procedures
- Support the implementation of the Company Assurance program and processes
- Provide safety leadership to EPC Contractor to achieve best in class safety performances on site
- Actively participate in EPC site toolbox talks, pre-starts and site safety briefings and meetings
- Monitor and report on EPC compliance to project HSE and Assurance requirements
- Monitoring and Review of EPC related Assurance activities and verification documentation
- Assure EPC is performing all marine works in accordance with the approved plans and procedures
- Site surveillance and reporting of EPC construction progress against approved schedules
- Assist line Managers as required in the management of the overall Construction program,
- Work closely with EPC construction teams to ensure a concise and clear understanding of all applicable engineering designs, project specifications and standards,
- Complete discipline document reviews and comments for assurance approvals
- Reviewing calculations, technical notes, requisitions, specifications, drawings and similar deliverables produced within Discipline.
- Monitor and review construction practices, including design control, document control, interface management and special processes,
- Provide detailed daily records and reports as required by line management
- Contribute to the continuous development and improvement of EPC construction practices
- Attend Construction management progress, planning meetings and workshops,
- Report all incidents and near misses immediately,
- Comply with a duty of care to ensure that safe practice is adhered to at all times.
Specific experience and expertise in the following areas is required:
- Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant industry experience with directly supervising contractors and/or work crews in LNG marine jetty construction works on major capital projects
- Proven track record of working as a Company representative on EPC lump sum oil and gas projects
- Proven ability to liaise professionally with EPC Contractor and other key stakeholders on site
- Previous experience in a similar role(s) on a large scale project(s) with a history of safety leadership,
- Advanced knowledge of construction activities for marine structures, piling, mooring dolphins, buildings and associated disciplines, such as survey, mechanical, structural erection, piling, roads etc..
- Knowledge of the applicable codes, standards and good construction and engineering practices
- Advanced computer skills for MS office, Adobe and Database software applications
- Proven ability to interpret and manage project schedules and report against EPC field progress
- Proven ability to manage and influence a team and develop an effective culture through respect
- A sound understanding of financial controls and project budgets
- Proficient English language skills, both verbal and written,
- Effective communication and leadership skills,
- Team player who is able to foster relationships, and think outside the box,
- Ability to deliver a culture committed to safely delivering the Project targets
- Ability to schedule priorities and multi-task within the assigned EPC Contract packages
- Able to work autonomously with minimal technical guidance and instruction
Education & Qualifications
- A degree/diploma qualification or equivalent 10 years’ experience in related discipline field and/or marine projects.
- Civil Construction & Maintenance Certificate Level 4 (or equivalent), preferred.
- Fluent oral and written knowledge of English
- Knowledge of Portuguese is advantageous.