Love working in an ever-changing IT environment where no two days are ever the same? Do you want to be part of a great team and love troubleshooting and assisting people with their IT issues? Are you highly detail oriented, adaptable and self-motivated? If you answered yes to all of these questions, this is the job for you!
Reporting to the Borger IT Area Lead, the Borger IT Support Analyst will provide technical support to business users at the Phillips 66 Borger Refinery and to Midstream and other businesses in the Borger support area. This role will provide troubleshooting, management, monitoring, and hands on support for IT systems in the site’s geographical support area (examples may include radios, desktops, switches, fiber, wired and wireless Ethernet, phones and Active Directory). The role will participate in corporate technical knowledge sharing /best practice network teams.
Responsibilities May Include:
- Providing reliable and efficient end user support for personal computing environments and critical business applications.
- Troubleshooting and mitigating build, application and system performance issues.
- Building and maintaining relationships with technical partners in the business.
- Coordinating resources and suppliers to complete projects and work requests.
- Collaborating with central infrastructure and Regional Infrastructure Analyst to assist with hardware refresh activities.
- Able to identify process improvements and propagate best practices.
- Optimize IT service delivery by improving reliability, efficiency, quality and cost effectiveness of defined components of services while following corporate standards and safety practices.
- Track and maintain IT hardware.
- Maintain service delivery while following safety practices.
- Maintaining documentation of supported systems.
- Able to actively participate in an after-hours (call-out) schedule in support of critical systems and infrastructure.
Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
High school diploma or GED equivalent
3 or more years of experience in applicable Information Technology discipline
2 or more years of direct experience in troubleshooting Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
Proven ability and willingness to provide day-to-day and after-hours support (24x7) as appropriate
Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle in the refinery around process equipment
Compliance with refinery safety requirements including wearing appropriate personal protective equipment when necessary
Able to lift computer equipment that weighs up to 30 lbs. from the floor and safely carry up 4 flights of stairs
Able to bend, stoop, or crawl under furniture to connect wiring
Able to bend to pick up equipment and load pull cart
Able to lift an individual item weighing up to 30 lbs.
Able to push/pull equipment on a cart of up to 100 lbs.
Able to climb 4 or more flights of stairs to access field hardware
Willing and able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC). Information can be found athttps://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic
Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science or equivalent
4 or more years of experience in Information Technology discipline
2 or more years of experience supporting Refining or Midstream IT assets
Strong leadership skills
Ability to influence individuals and groups
Ability to create an environment of inclusiveness and foster communication
Ability to engender trust and confidence
Active learner with good business knowledge
Ability to demonstrate a high level of initiative and results driven effort
Ability to manage and perform multiple tasks concurrently
Proven discipline in following operational standards and processes
Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Proven verbal and written communication skills for direct customer interaction
Proven ability to master and apply advanced and specialized technical training
Proven ability to work well with business, and local and remote IT resources
Proven ability to deliver on commitments
Airswift has been tasked by one of our major energy clients in the Oil & Gas Industry to seek a Environmental Compliance Advisor to work in their facilities located in Kitimat, British Columbia for...
Our client, a major Oil & Energy company is seeking a Scheduling Analyst to work within their facilities located in Houston, TX for a 1-year contract (possible to be extended). The professional w...
Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek a Marine Engineer to work in their facilities located in Aberdeen, UK under a regular ad hoc contract. Our customer are look...