Airswift has been tasked by one of our major clients in Alaska to seek an IT Specialist to work in Anchorage, AK for a 12-month contract position, with potential extension.
- Handle on-site and remote technical issues as needed.
- Trouble-shoot network, hardware, software, and application problems.
- Responsible for maintaining equipment and replacing non-functional equipment.
- Handles equipment and/or software installations, moves, adds, and changes.
- Work with other team members on server, client, network, and application related projects.
- Troubleshoot and resolve end user system issues related to Email, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Install and deploy Windows desktop and laptop computers.
- Support the installation and configuration of all end user software.
- Assist in providing computer technical support relating to software and hardware problems reported by users.
- Assist in gathering bid prices on equipment and supplies as needed.
- Provide daily support and technical issues resolution in-person, over the phone, or email.
- Installs workstations, laptops and printers on the LAN and WAN.
- Respond in a timely manner to malware/phishing incidents.
- Demonstrates capacity for prioritization and management in a dynamic environment.
- Assist in setting up and troubleshooting video and teleconference equipment.
- Assist staff with troubleshooting Internet and network problems, including firewall and network issues.
- Create user Active Directory accounts, Exchange email accounts, etc.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Physical Requirements and Potential Hazards:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands or fingers; handle or feel; talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Technology, Equipment, Systems, and Tools
Requires advanced skills in word processing, database software, email and general office equipment.
Critical Knowledge, Skills, and abilities:
- Superior customer service and support skills. Skills and patience in providing user support to staff members with minimal to basic understanding of computer systems and software
- Ability to analyze basic technical problems or situations and apply logical problem determination skills to develop effective solutions. This includes assessing the impact of proposed changes and selecting the most appropriate solution to a given problem.
- Skilled in Windows based computer systems, commonly used software applications, operating system and hardware. Specifically, MS Office 2016 product suite, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook.
- Skilled in troubleshooting techniques for Windows based computer systems and their peripherals, how application software is affected by the operating environment;
- General knowledge of server hardware and techniques used to troubleshoot; install and remove interface cards, processors, and memory chips; and diagnostic software for PC’s and networks.
- Skilled in the software products and tools available to maintain and support Microsoft Workstations and Microsoft Servers in a Domain / Active Directory Environment (such as Backup Exec, Antivirus software, TCP/IP, Barracuda Spam Appliance, Watch-guard Firewalls and etc.)
- Skilled in Microsoft SQL functionality. (Such as SQL Backups and SQL / Windows Security).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating systems, TCP/IP Switched Networks, SQL, Web Servers, Firewall software, DHCP, DNS, LDAP/Active Directory, and Script writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with and convey precise, understandable information to management, agency staff, vendors, and other data processing staff both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work as a team member to provide IT support to staff and co-workers
- Ability to reason logically and accurately; and draw valid conclusions;
- Ability to maintain current knowledge of evolving trends of the information industry.
- Ability to function effectively in crises and under pressure.
- Ability to define and document the steps needed to organize and complete a project.
- A minimum of three years of technical computer support experience that demonstrates a strong technical background and ability to troubleshoot computer hardware and software.
- Experience installing operating systems and applications on desktop and laptop computers.
- Strong, technical working knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office.
- Must have a willingness to learn new technologies and to be a team player.
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work with limited supervision.
- Knowledge and troubleshooting skills in basic networking, including TCP/IP, DHCP, and DNS.
- Basic understanding of Active Directory a plus.
- A+ and Net+ Certifications preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all technical and non-technical members of the organization.
- Strong communication skills, including both verbal and written skills.