Airswift is hiring a IT Project Coordinator for a contract opportunity in Houston, TX.
Collaborates with Project Manager on the development and review of project plans, activities, schedules and resources. Thinks strategically and works with a myriad of stakeholders and resources from multiple department groups to assist with the delivery of project requirements. Provides core information, develops and maintains activity schedules and provides information for reporting requirements. Conducts necessary research and captures information to maintain project data worksheets required to determine ongoing scope of work.
Makes decisions within scope of position and authority as well as independent decisions regarding planning, organizing and scheduling work for project technical resources. Makes decisions using established guidelines, procedures and/or policies.
- Considered a fully qualified project coordinator. Works within established guidelines
- Research, document and maintain core project data
- Assist the Project Manager with project reporting and documentation requirements
- Plan and coordinate project activities for timely completions.
- Collaborate with IS technical resources and IS SMEs to assign appropriate activities, negotiate schedules and complete documentation
- Manage IS Change Management and data tracking requirements for the project
- Act as the point of contact and communicate to appropriate work stream participants
- Attend and/or lead project meetings and follow-up with outstanding tasks.
- Work with Project Manager and IS Communications regarding any business wide impact activities
- Compile and maintain data sheets from daily/weekly/ad hoc Data Center asset reports - primarily server, database and storage (ie: CIFS) information
- Determine with SMEs and IS Managers the future of on-prem assets supporting their applications. Track exit dates and follow up where necessary.
- For DCC project migrations from older technologies to newer supported technologies, coordinate migration activities (ie: ESX to Nutanix or CIFS to Cloud Solution)
- Submit decommission tickets once approvals have been received and also Change tickets for migrations
- Additional historical discovery work may needed but the majority has already been done for servers, databases and CIFS
- Work with IS Service Management team to align information within CMDB for non-cloud assets
- Future duties will likely include supporting the exits or consolidation of Data Center assets
- Skills: Attention to detail, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Skills: Comfortable with Office suite, especially Excel. Knowledge of ServiceNow, PowerBI and SAP would be helpful
- Skills: Intermediate knowledge of IS processes, IS infrastructure and IS systems are a must!