To plan, lead, and manage the day-to-day development, technical support and maintenance of the IT applications and databases used by the Company and such as Oracle In-house applications, Oracle ERP, Oracle Retail and to oversee Company web designing and development in order to ensure all IT applications are running efficiently and with minimal errors/ bugs/ downtime and to accordingly direct the use of technical resources to support goals and provide organizational plans for the development and implementation of technology initiatives.
- Strategy and Performance Management
- Contribute to the development and execution of the department long-term strategic plan to ensure alignment with the function’s strategic priorities, and the corporate strategies.
- Contribute to the development of annual business plans for the assigned areas of responsibility to support the achievement of financial and strategic objectives.
- Support in the monitoring and reporting on key performance indicators related to the department in order to track performance and recommend corrective action.
- Manage the activities of direct reports to ensure that all work is carried out in an efficient manner, in line with the annual business plans, and policies and procedures.
- Manage the effective achievement of the department's objectives by setting individual targets, recruiting and developing staff, and conducting and reviewing performance appraisals for direct reports in order to maximize performance.
- Manage the training and development of team members to ensure continuous progression, and a high level of competence within the team.
- Support the department manager in defining an optimum structure for the department so that resources are optimally utilized, and communication can take place in an efficient manner.
- Provide input into the preparation and consolidation of the department's budget and advise line management on risks and opportunities.
- Define guidelines and rules for managing application architectures including planning and gaining consensus for business metrics, a common classification for application management, IT performance metrics, and ownership and custodianship of Company’s application portfolio in order to ensure efficient management and running of the applications
- Ensures improvement in cost, performance, availability and manageability of applications across their full life cycles through continuously tracking, comparing with best practices and recommending suitable actions for improvement.
- Ensure Digital transformation and mobility is implemented in Company using IBM Mobile First and Microsoft SharePoint.
- Manage the utilization, effective running and maintenance of database operations required for the organization and work with application developers on a daily basis to analyses requirements, design, and develop database solutions to satisfy application (business and technical) requirements).
- Establish a process for the plan, build and run stages of an application and ensure support of design, architecture, development, testing and support teams in order to maintain an integrated approach to processes, such as release management and root cause analysis in application architectures.
- Manage and oversee the overall SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) and maintenance of the business application software used by the organisation and provide technical advice when necessary in case of issues / bugs or any escalations.
- Manage relationship with key vendors and service providers for application development, and participate in the RFP development, evaluation and selection of an appropriate vendor in order to ensure a collaborative work environment for quick issue resolution or responding of queries.
- Ensure examination of the existing business models and flows of data, discuss findings with the IT Manager, and on approval, manage the design of an appropriate improved IT solution in order to enable continuous improvement of the systems and applications and alignment with best practices.
- Manage the requirement gathering and analysis for any development or enhancements to IT applications in order to ensure all customer requirements are captured and addressed.
- Manage and supervise IT related projects that affect multiple functions within Company, interface with different business partners and coordinate teams to rollout projects group wide to ensure projects have proper impact,
- Keep abreast of the latest trends in applications used in similar organization, performance of vendors, price of procurement of licenses, return on investments, competitor websites design, etc. in order to take suitable decisions and recommend to the IT Manager for approval.
- Motivate subordinates and contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices taking into account ‘international leading practice’, improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Recommend improvements to departmental procedures, and ensure implementation of policies, procedures, systems and controls covering the assigned areas of responsibility so that all activities meet Company’s standards, compliance, and regulatory requirements, align to business requirements, and increase operational efficiency.
- Identify opportunities for the continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices taking into account ‘international leading practice’, in order to improve business processes, and increase operational effectiveness.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
Bachelor’s degree in Computer/IT Engineering or related specialization.
10 years in IT applications management or technical lead in a similar organization with at least 3 years in a managerial role.
Job Specific Skills:
- Experience in application development, testing and operations
- Understanding of the demands and constraints of all stages in the life cycle, be able to understand and interpret business priorities
- Good understanding of installation and implementation of oracle eBusiness Suite.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good Understanding of Retail, Logistics, Distribution business processes.
- Proven experience in Digital Transformation and Mobility.
- Strong proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of best industry practices
- Excellent planning and project management skills