Airswift has been tasked by one of our major oil & gas clients to seek an IT Engineering to work within their facilities in Calgary, AB for an initial 12-month contract, likely to be extended.
Within this position, you will be responsible for supporting the company’s subsurface workflows and data, including Spatial data, Wells, Land, Seismic and Reservoir data.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Maximize asset performance by having ready access to high quality subsurface data
- Develop the code to program the movement of data from systems of record into geodatabases, data lakes, relational databases
- Improve automation to transform the data into different views, perspectives, and formats
Previous education and experience required:
- Experience with Azure SQL, Analytics and DevOps, Python programming, and SQL
- Understanding of exploration, production business activities, and geographic concepts
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 5 – 7 years’ experience within a similar position
- Programming skills