Our major client a downstream company is seeking for an IT Business Analyst IV to work within their offices located in Alaska for a long-term assignment.
The IT Business/Solutions Analyst is accountable for delivering applications and data integration solutions as well as being the primary IT support for the Alaska Region portfolio. The role is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with customers, global IT, and vendors; understanding both business and IT strategies, developing business requirements and ensuring that IT projects are executed in line with business and IT expectations. This role includes hands-on technical application support and troubleshooting.
The ideal individual should have a background in application lifecycle management, business requirements gathering, solution design and architecture, hands-on technical capability, and the ability to clearly articulate and communicate solution benefits and risks. The position is also responsible for representing the business needs when working within Global IT while advocating IT policies, strategies, and processes.
• Serve as a business analyst through gathering, documenting, understanding business requirements and translation of those requirements to technical requirements to deliver innovative and value-adding solutions to the business
• Provide timely estimates of IT efforts required to complete tasks/projects, coordinate and lead plans while providing technical consulting and guidance to development teams for design and development.
• Utilize agile methodologies throughout the development cycle to ensure that functional requirements and usability factors are being satisfied
• Oversee the support and maintenance of assigned applications to ensure a high-level of quality, efficiency, and sustainability by providing day-to-day application support for incidents; prioritizing incidents; and participating on a support rotation providing support for critical production issues
• Partner with Global teams (Server, Cloud, Production Control, Database, Web Services, Packaging, Storage, Disaster Recovery, ServiceDesk, Mobility, GIPA, and other IT teams) as part of ongoing operations
• Provide technical support and diagnosis of application, server, database, and cloud/web services
• Produce code, scripts, and configurations necessary to fulfill the design requirements
• Create and update documentation for ongoing support of vended and developed applications
• Adhere to all established programming, documentation, change management, project procedures and all corporate policies
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems, or related field or foreign equivalent
• 1+ years’ experience in an application support or application development role
• 1+ years’ experience in a Business Analyst role (business requirements gathering & translation)
• Intermediate knowledge with SQL query writing and scripting
• Intermediate experience with relational database (Oracle, SQL Server, or Teradata)
• Experience in the Oil & Gas Industry, preferably with IT BU support (i.e. supporting Exploration, Operations, or Production)
• Hands-on application development and scripting experience (Java, Python, VB .NET, PL/SQL, Perl, C#, etc.)
• Experience with ServiceNow & Demand Management
• Experience implementing and integrating IoT devices, remote sensors, predictive or machine learning applications
• Experience with application development in low-code software platforms such as Mendix
• Experience with Agile/SAFe/SCRUM Principles
• Experience with Microsoft ADO
• Experience with UNIX, LINUX, and Windows based systems
• Experience with integration principles and processes
• Experience applying petroleum engineering principles and practices to solution design
• Working knowledge of IT and information systems implementation concepts, with an awareness of the full application management lifecycle