We are hiring a IOC Planner to work in Aberdeen on a permanent position!
The IOC Planner is a key position within the Asset Team and is required to ensure effective planning and scheduling of all activities within the 6-week planning window for the appointed asset group. The position reports directly to the Activity Execution Lead and has functional alignment with the Head of Operations Services.
The requirement of the IOC Planner is to provide detailed planning and scheduling of all asset activities within the 6-week window to ensure the “conveyor-belt” of activities are appropriately planned and scheduled in line with the work priorities, based on a clear understanding of threats, opportunities and constraints, to meet the asset objectives for the delivery of safe and valued hydrocarbon production. Working closely with the Activity Execution Lead and central planning team to robustly manage the transition of activities from the 16-week plan through the 6-week planning gate and into the 6-week planning and scheduling window.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Enacting and complying with the corresponding steps within the IAP process and other relevant Company processes and procedures.
- Responsible for the development, management and issuing of an appropriate, accurate, realistic and efficient 6-week plan and 14-day frozen schedule.
- Collaborate with the Activity Execution Lead and IAP Manager to optimise the planning and scheduling processes. Look to share best practice and support continuous improvement.
- Work closely with Discipline Engineers, JREs and offshore supervision to ensure the robust readiness, planning and scheduling of all activities within the 6-week plan and 14-day schedule.
- Responsible for facilitating and coordinating the weekly planning and scheduling meetings and conversations.
- Responsible for delivering a frozen schedule resource levelled with capacity for backlog, routine PM and breakdown work.
- Development of the 6-week Plan to ensure a realistic, achievable plan is maintained covering activities required to deliver the business objectives for the Assets.
- Obtain accurate and relevant information from discipline engineers, JREs and activity owners to ensure a robust 6-week plan and frozen 14-day schedule.
- Collaboration with Flight Coordinators, IOC Materials Controllers and relevant Offshore personnel to ensure optimal use of helicopters and supply vessels to ensure effectively and timely provision of personnel, resources and materials.
- Drive the scheduling process and assure the quality of information within work orders that are progressed to a “Ready to Schedule” status.
- Ensure that 6-week plans are adequately detailed to clearly identify logical dependencies, constraints and sim-ops
- Identify areas of conflict, resource, sim-ops Resource level activities (ready to go)
- Support the Activity Execution Lead in managing the 6-week gate and 14-day schedules meetings, challenging any activities not fulfilling gate criteria. Compile meeting agenda and send out draft and approved plans or schedules.
- Review the plan with relevant POB limits and identify areas of conflict
- Manage the 6-week plan and schedule accounting for unplanned events as they occur.
- Available to contribute to offshore planning and scheduling meetings if required
- Monitor and report all relevant 6-week plan and schedule progress and KPI related business targets, capture any non-performance and identify planning or scheduling related activity waste.
- Ensure that the 6-week plan and 14-day schedule both accurately represent resource interdependencies and are achievable
Education Attainment & Accreditation
- Qualified in a project management or technical HNC/HND, or equivalent, with significant planning experience within the offshore oil & gas industry
- Mandatory safety, medical regulatory regulations for travel working offshore UKCS
Professional Skills & Experience
- Excellent Computer skills including high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office and Primavera P6 planning tool
- Strong and demonstrable experience of operations and activity planning or scheduling, preferably in the Oil & Gas Industry.
Interpersonal Skills and Qualities
- Excellent organisation and communication skills, ability to work on own initiative and within tight deadlines
- Able to prioritise workload appropriately
- Independent, pro-active, accurate, with strong analytical and organizing skills.
- Embraces change and continual improvement
- Good team working skills with an ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize workload as required
I & D Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer, aiming to recruit, retain and develop our people based on merit. Recognising the value of a diverse workforce, all applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of race, gender, nationality, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law.