Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek a Instrumentation Engineer to work in their facilities located in London, UK to work under a 12-month contract.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Control System and Instrumentation Engineering FEED Contractors related activities supervision and
- Project and cost management,
- Technical papers preparation to support management position for clarifications/ decisions with regulatory
authorities of host countries, other entities or partners,
- Deviation requests coordination to the project referential, in a timely manner and with due consideration
to cost and schedule,
- Ensure adequation between the Company requirements, applicable regulations, and good engineering
practices in terms of design, maintainability, operability, and security AND:
? ICSS (Integrated Control and Safety System) design and components
? proposed Process measurement, Control System & Safety System
- Review of CTR documents such as; technical specifications, sizing calculations, cable routing, instrument
location plan/layout, instrument hook-up, installation details, wiring diagrams, I/O schedule, Instrument
schedule, functional logic diagrams, loop drawings, material take off (MTO) and field instrumentation
datasheets such as; control valves, shutdown valves, motor and pneumatic/hydraulic operated valves,
relief valves, electronic transmitters, fire and gas detectors and various types of local switches and gauges,
- Follow up the implementation,
- Support to possible technical queries and derogations to Project specifications.
- Participation in HAZOP and SIL Classification exercise in collaboration with third party consultants and
Contractor & Vendors,
- Monitoring of Control System and Instrumentation discipline studies during engineering (technical,
costs, planning, interfaces, reporting),
- Contribution to the evaluation of engineering, procurement, construction, installation and review/approval
of deliverables from the design contractor (Engineering drawings, calculation notes, specifications,
- To comply with HSE requirements and to support and enforce the HSE Project objectives and directives,
- To support and implement the Project HSE management system (plans, procedure and specifications).
Previous education & experience required:
Advanced expertise is required:
- in Instrumentation Design, Engineering, Procurement and Construction with International experience in
Basic design, Front end engineering and Detail design/ engineering for Oil & Gas Offshore and Onshore
Green-field & Brown-field (Revamp) projects.
- In the codes and standards in the oil and gas industry i.e. API, BS, ISO, ASME, ANSI, IEC, ISA, etc
- In designing and engineering for the Instruments and control systems like DCS (Conventional & Field bus),
Fire & Gas, Safety shutdown systems, Remote telemetry units, Gas metering systems, SMART
instruments, Liquid metering systems, Multiphase flow meter, High integrity pressure protection systems
(HIPPS), HVAC, field instruments like transmitters, Control valves, Shut down Valves and Choke Valves,
The service will be performed in English.
Should you be interested in this exciting opportunity with a global oil and gas company please apply to this advert with your up to date resume. Please note that there is no per diem or relocation provided.