Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek an Instrumentation Engineer Site Support to work in their facilities located in Schiedam, Netherlands under a 1-year contract.
The FPSOs and FLNGs are monitored, controlled and safeguarded by an Integrated Control and Safety System (which includes the Fire & Gas system).
By making use of reputable suppliers, standardized solutions and experienced integrators our customer is able to design, deliver and commission the ICSS in a short time and with a high quality. The work scope to achieve this is executed and managed from proposal to commissioning and start-up by the ICSS engineer (s) in the E&I department.
The ICSS Engineer, Site Support will support the company’s E&I department, working across the company’s asset portfolio, managing the instrument index. As Site Support Engineer, you will be mobile, travelling between the customer’s international projects, assets and offices.
The role of the ICSS Engineer, Site Support comprises the following tasks:
- Proposal / Concept / FEED Phase
The Sr. ICSS engineer shall:
- Review client requirements
- Participate in system selection
- Prepare a system architecture
- Prepare I/O estimates.
- Ensure that the system is fully in line with the Regulatory regime, Classification requirements, SBM standards and Client requirements.
- Basic / Detail Phase
The Sr. ICSS engineer shall:
- Continuously consider cost, constructability, operability and maintainability.
- Develop a project specific system design with all associated documentation.
- Prepare Hierarchical Shutdown Levels Diagram, Cause & Effect Diagrams, Control & Safeguarding Philosophy, F&G Philosophy and F&G layouts.
- Participate in Safety Reviews and Studies i.e. HAZOP, SIL assessment & verification.
- Prepare ICSS RFQ and review vendor quotations and conclude vendor selection.
- Act as package engineer and ensure that the system is delivered on time and within budget
- Ensure package units are properly integrated and/or interfaced to the ICSS.
- Conduct ICSS inspections and tests (e.g. Factory Acceptance Test and Site Acceptance Test)
Ensure that the system is fully in line with the Regulatory regime, Classification requirements, SBM standards and Client requirements
MSC or BSC degree (TU/HTS), with several years’ experience in advanced ICSS systems in the Oil & Gas industry. Knowledge of international offshore codes and standards is preferred. Experience with ICSS systems in the offshore oil & gas industry is an advantage.
As this role will entail travel, the willingness and ability to travel will be deemed essential.
A pro-active approach; taking initiative; problem solving and creative thinking; professional communication in English (verbal and written); conversant with MS Office applications; willingness to travel; team player, looking beyond discipline boundaries, safety conscious.
Should you be interested in this exciting opportunity with a global oil and gas company please apply to this advert with your up to date resume. Please note that there is no per diem or relocation provided.