Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil & Gas clients to seek an I&C Engineer to work in Midland Airpark, TX for a 12-month contract position.
- Evaluate and comment on discipline engineering work performed both internally and by Contractors and sub-contractors to ensure that work is being executed in accordance with project specifications, company standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Facilitates effective execution of discipline engineering and design routines that align with the project’s goals, objectives, and procedures.
- Assures accurate and timely communication among the Project Team and other Company functions on discipline engineering activities, progress, and issues.
- In addition to technical ability, should demonstrate sound communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
- Execute control system life cycle management programs which include control system inventory, obsolescence plans, managing spare parts, and upgrade/replacement planning.
- Support control system maintenance and test planning as required, software upgrades, ESD testing, offline and online testing, and coordination of activities with/without plant shutdowns.
- Support metering systems maintenance planning including for custody transfer, allocation, regulatory, and leak detection applications.
- Support planning and coordination of tasks related to control system cyber security.
- Review systems for compliance with the company’s Industrial Control System Requirements (ICSR) to minimize cybersecurity threats.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary alarm management efforts including alarm rationalization, prioritization, development of state-based alarm schemes, and design/modification of alarm systems.
- Review update and develop the instrument and controls technical documentation/drawings including P&IDs, cause and effect, and control narratives.
- Travel to production affiliate office/facility locations for onsite support or rollout of new global support initiatives.
- 20+ years of closely related professional experience.
- Bachelor or MS degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related engineering specialty, or equivalent professional experience.
- Extensive knowledge of discipline design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria.
- Able to review, evaluate, and update cause and effect, P&IDs, logic and architecture diagrams, and control narratives.
- Experience in the selection, application, and ISA datasheet specification of hardware including pressure/ temperature /level instruments, control valves, shutdown valves, and fire/gas detection.
- Proficient in data collection and analysis with common database and software data analysis tools such as SAP, Analytics for Excel, and Tableau.
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs.