Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek an Instrumentation and Controls Engineer to work in their facilities located in Antwerp, Belgium until the end of 2022.
Scope of work: Provide support by the migration from ICSR v3 to v4, especially driven towards industrial network components.
Investigate network protocols and network setup. Updating network drawings and inventory list. Support by gap assessment and migration to version 4.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: In addition to the Level 1 and 2 tasks and responsibilities, Level 3:
- Execute control system life cycle management programs which include control system inventory, obsolescence plans, managing spare parts and upgrade/replacement planning
- Support control system maintenance and test planning as required, software upgrades, ESD testing, offline and online testing, and coordination of activities with/without plant shutdowns
- Support metering systems maintenance planning including for custody transfer, allocation, regulatory, and leak detection applications
- Support planning and coordination of tasks related to control system cyber security
- Review systems for compliance with company"s Industrial Control System Requirements (ICSR) to minimize cybersecurity threats
- Participate with multi-disciplinary alarm management efforts including alarm rationalization, prioritization, development of state based alarm schemes, and design / modification of alarm systems
- Review update and develop instrument and controls technical documentation / drawings including P&IDs, cause and effect, and control narratives
- Travel to production affiliate office/facility locations for onsite support or rollout of new global support initiatives
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 20+ years" of closely related professional experience
- Bachelor"s or MS degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related engineering specialty, or equivalent professional experience
- Extensive knowledge of discipline design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria
- Able to review, evaluate, and update cause and effect, P&IDs, logic and architecture diagrams and control narratives
- Experience in selection, application, and ISA data sheet specification of hardware including pressure/ temperature /level instruments, control valves, shutdown valves, and fire/gas detection
- Proficient in data collection and analysis with common database and software data analysis tools such as SAP, Analytics for Excel and Tableau
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as it applies to technical and business communications