Airswift has been tasked by one of our major clients to seek an Instrumentation & Controls Engineer to work within their facilities located in Carlsbad, NM for a 12-month contract.
· Evaluate and comment on discipline engineering work performed both internally and by Contractors and sub-contractors to ensure that work is being executed under project specifications, company standards, and regulatory requirements.
· Facilitates effective execution of discipline engineering and design routines that align with the project’s goals, objectives, and procedures.
· Assures accurate and timely communication among the Project Team and other Company functions on discipline engineering activities, progress, and issues.
· Analyze maintenance records to determine instrument failure rates, availability / reliability calculations, bad actor / failure modes identification, and program effectiveness / cost analysis.
· Develop and execute process control surveillance programs.
· Collect and trend process data using company’s multiple process historian database and visualization software tools.
· Perform process control philosophy and stability reviews coupled with execution of control logic updates and loop tuning.
· Conduct criticality assessment and develop equipment strategies/maintenance plans for instrumentations and control systems taking into consideration Safety Integrity Level (SIL) assessment, industry standards, regulatory requirement and manufacturer recommendations.
- 10+ years of closely related professional experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related engineering specialty, or equivalent professional experience.
- Strong knowledge of discipline design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria.
- Experience in selection, application, and ISA data sheet specification of hardware including pressure/ temperature /level instruments, control valves, shutdown valves, and fire/gas detection.
- Proficient in data collection and analysis with common database and software data analysis tools such as SAP, Analytics for Excel, and Tableau.
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as it applies to technical and business communications.
Nice to Have:
- Allen-Bradly 750-series VFD experience a plus.
- 2+ years’ experience in industrial automation/control systems with a background in upstream oil and gas.
- Familiar with ISCRv4 requirements.
- NFPA-70E Electrical Safety Trained.
- Degree in electrical or controls engineering.