Airswift has been tasked by one of our oil & gas clients to seek for Instrumentation & Controls Designer to work within their facilities located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on a 1-year contract.
The Instrumentation & Controls Designer applies technical knowledge to all design aspects, including layout, wiring, termination and hookups, and produces a fit for purpose design that can be manufactured / installed. The Instrumentation & Controls Designer ensures application of best practices and is accountable to the Discipline Manager and/or Discipline Lead to ensure all requirements are met for the proper installation and configuration termination of the instruments, laying of cables, cable trays/ladders, etc. You are to produce fit for purpose products according to Company, industry and client standards.
- Utilize technical knowledge and software tools to clearly depict the design that can be easily and correctly interpreted by others
- Communicate with Engineers and/or Lead Designer to ensure design intent is understood to avoid rework
- Prioritize activities and effectively manage conflicting deadlines ensuring continued progress to meet the schedule. Proactively provide Lead Designer with status updates
- Demonstrate adaptability in implementing change while ensuring MOC procedures are used
- Collaborate with Package Engineers to ensure timely review of vendor documents and that comments are made with the required quality level
- Comply with project scope, work instructions, specifications, codes, industry standards and regulations per project requirements
- At least 8 years of experience in Designing
- Be self-motivated to improve technical competencies for assigned tasks
- Relevant experience in the offshore Oil & Gas industry with specific experience on Instrumentation design for Offshore Oil and Gas facilities – Wellhead platforms, Fixed Process Platforms, FPSO topsides modules & Turret Mooring System.
- Good knowledge on international codes & standards.
- Software : PDMS, MDS, AutoCAD, E3D, Aveva Cable Design, Navisworks
- Due to the current travel restrictions in place, applicants shall be Malaysian nationality or having work rights in Malaysia
**Kindly be informed that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.