Airswift are a Global Manpower Provider specialising in the Energy, Infrastructure & IT sectors. Present in more than 70 countries around the world, our reach, and capabilities in the markets we service is unparalleled in the industry.
We are working with a Major Oil & Gas operator to source Instrumentation and Control Engineer. Based in Victoria, Australia. Please see details below,
Position: Instrumentation and Control Engineer
Evaluate and comment on discipline engineering work performed both internally and by Contractors and sub-contractors to ensure that work is being executed in accordance with project specifications, company standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Execute control system life cycle management programs which include control system inventory, obsolescence plans, managing spare parts and upgrade/replacement planning.
- Support control system maintenance and test planning as required, software upgrades, ESD testing, offline and online testing, and coordination of activities with/without plant shutdowns.
- Support metering systems maintenance planning including for custody transfer, allocation, regulatory, and leak detection applications.
- Support planning and coordination of tasks related to control system cyber security.
- Review systems for compliance with company’s Industrial Control System Requirements (ICSR) to minimize cybersecurity threats.
- Participate with multi-disciplinary alarm management efforts including alarm rationalization, prioritization, development of state-based alarm schemes, and design / modification of alarm systems.
- Review update and develop instrument and controls technical documentation / drawings including P&IDs, cause and effect, and control narratives.
- Travel to production affiliate office/facility locations for onsite support or rollout of new global support initiatives.
Skills And Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in Oil & Gas – in related position
- Bachelor’s or MS degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related engineering specialty, or equivalent professional experience.
- Extensive knowledge of discipline design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria.
- Able to review, evaluate, and update cause and effect, P&IDs, logic and architecture diagrams and control narratives.
- Experience in selection, application, and ISA data sheet specification of hardware including pressure/ temperature /level instruments, control valves, shutdown valves, and fire/gas detection.
- Proficient in data collection and analysis with common database and software data analysis tools such as SAP, Analytics for Excel and Tableau.
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities. Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia will be considered.
If you would like to be considered for the position, please apply direct to this advertisement with your CV & contact details, or send the same to email@example.com