We are currently recruiting for a qualified Automation and Instrument Control Engineer to be part of the Instrument, Control , Metering and PCD Integrity team for one of our major oil & gas operators to be based out of Perth.
Location- Wellington Australia Perth
Duration- 1 year fixed-term contract
Working Hours- Mon to Fri, 8 am to 5pm
This position is responsible for second level instrument engineering operations support. The incumbent will develop a close integrated working relationship with all relevant stakeholders and support discipline technical authority in managing day to day run and maintain functions.
The incumbent will be accountable for discipline engineering assurance, development and roll out of local technical strategies and support development of technical skills.
Some of the key deliverables and responsibilities for this role are as follows:
- Responsible for asset integrity and compliance with relevant industry, regulatory and Company standards.
- Manage day to day field engineering and assurance activities for instrumentation & control systems equipment’s at our customer's site to assure reliable and effective systems that ensures safe and reliable operational production
- Surveillance- Maintaining awareness of the state of the surface facilities through instrument data (e.g. PI trends), relationships with field operators, and direct observation in the field
- Support Maintenance in analyzing complex problems escalated by the maintenance work process. Take ownership of bad actor management including identification to Mitigation
- Understand the root causes of field instruments and/or Control System failures and conducting 5 Why’s, RCA and Operations Risk Assessment with field Operations.
- Develop, roll out and maintain a program assuring high reliability of facility Control and Shutdown valves.
- Develop major turnaround work scopes for control & shutdown valves
- Assure functional safety lifecycle in accordance with facility practices and standards (AS 61511).
- Review new brownfield designs & installations to verify compliance with corporate standards and practices.
- Ensure assigned projects and plant changes are designed such that safeguarding functions can be tested, fulfilling the requirements of the Safety System design specification
- Ensure high quality technical advice to operation and maintenance teams which deliver integrity and reliability outcomes.
- Ensuring that the MOC process is rigorously followed for all changes in the field
- Develop field instrumentation plant changes to achieve improved safety, reliability and reduced maintenance cost.
- Development of engineering standards, procedures and practices.
To be successful in the role you we are looking for someone with the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in an Engineering discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Sound knowledge and experience with measuring methods, Field instruments, and Control valves, Shutdown Valves & F&G devices
- Substantial experience (10+ Years) in Field Instrumentation & Systems Engineering, Smart Instrumentation (IAMS) and Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) - Protective (IPF) and/or mitigative (F&G)
- Experience with Foundation Fieldbus technology and with Instrument asset management concepts is preferred
- Sound knowledge in managing IEC/Ex equipment in Hazardous Areas Crucial to the success of this role is the ability to work collaboratively and lead effectively across multi-functional teams and interface with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, based in various locations, and being able to work autonomously.
Kindly be informed that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.