Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client is seeking an Instrument and Electrical Technician to work within their facilities located in Orla, TX, for a 12-month assignment (very likely to be extended).
The Instrument & Electrical (I&E) Technician is a member of a multidiscipline operations team, reporting to the Maintenance Team Leader/Supervisor. The main purpose of this position is to ensure instrumentation, control systems and automation systems are calibrated and functioning properly. The I&E Tech will work with facility engineers providing input to optimize the systems and ensure appropriate regulatory requirements and records are maintained.
- Assess, maintain, repair and monitor control systems and systems associated with compressors, pumps, generation and well control.
- Maintaining the performance of temperature, pressure, flow and level measurement control equipment, as well as valves, hydraulic control panels and single loop controllers.
- Maintain all facility instrumentation, measurement devices and final control elements
- Maintain the following systems: process control, safety shutdown, fire detection and suppression, gas detection, emergency shutdown, inclusive of end devices, wiring and control panels for each of these systems
- Calibrate and inspect relevant devices for various systems, as well as perform maintenance of the facility communications systems
- Maintain the documentation for many systems, including loop diagrams, panel drawings and all relevant discipline control documents
- Generate detailed work records and hand over notes to facilitate proper communications between work crews
- Manage parts and special equipment orders prior to annual or anticipated overhauls of major equipment, within area of expertise.