Airswift is working with one of our clients to find an Instrument and Control Technician to join their team in Atlanta, GA. This is a 3-month contract with the possibility of becoming permanent.
As Transportation/Traffic Technician 2 for the City of South Fulton, you will work with the City Traffic Engineer to provide a variety of duties related to the installation, integration, and maintenance of traffic signal system and intelligent transportation system (ITS) elements. The candidate for this position has a thorough knowledge of these activities and understands how the activities integrate with and impact other areas of work. The primary functions of this position include performing field inspections of traffic signals, ITS devices, fiber optic, and wireless radio communication equipment; collecting related as-built and field data; collecting data and updating an inventory of the traffic operations network; and performing maintenance activities for the signal system and ITS devices.
Qualifications - External The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- High School Diploma or GED
- International Municipal Signal Association (IMSA) Traffic Signal Field Technician Level II
- Two (2) years of experience in the traffic signal field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must possess and maintain a current drivers license with no major infractions
- Must be capable of personally driving a company vehicle in the performance of duties