Our client, a major engineering company, is seeking an Instrument and Controls Technician II to work on a 3-month contract (with possible extension) in Tucson, AZ.
- Interprets and works from blueprints, drawings, sketches, plans, and technical documents.
- Performs the calibration and repair of flow metering devices.
- Recommends control system modifications with the documented justification that will result in standard utilization of parts and materials and will reduce operating and repair costs.
- Follows uniform electrical repair safety procedures for applicable work.
- Makes recommendations for modifications to as-built electrical drawings based on system modifications and updates electrical component equipment history files.
- Performs scheduled control system maintenance and calibration for plant instrumentation equipment.
- Maintains an accurate CMMS asset inventory of metering devices.
- Monitors and reports status to the Technical Lead and Supervisor regarding work of electrical subcontractors and outside control system repair work.
- Maintains record-keeping associated with electrical repairs and modifications.
- Establishes and maintains a cooperative relationship with those contacted during work.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High school diploma or GED
- 6 or more years of experience with knowledge of the maintenance, repair, and calibration of electrical control systems
- Operate PIV's (forklifts, aerial work platforms, telescopic boom lifts)
- Troubleshoot field devices to SCADA and/or PLC I/O point
- Valid driver’s license