Airswift has been tasked by one of our major oil & gas clients to seek an Instrument & Controls Engineer to work within their facilities located in Borger, TX for a long-term contract.
Within this position, you will be responsible for providing technical support for the projects from FEL through commissioning, startup and turnover to operations.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Participate of refinery safety programs
- Review and develop Instrument design packages for capital project.
- Design and implement solutions on projects for continuous improvement
- Perform Criticality Analysis for instrumentation
- Identify equipment problems and recommend proper measures to control, manage and correct issues
- Recommend material upgrades or changes as the situation and conditions warrant
- Participate in Process Hazards Analyses
- Utilize Life Cycle Cost and Decision & Risk Analysis processes to assist with repair or replace decisions and infrastructure project needs
- Develop capital and expense budget requirements related to I&C system upgrades
- Experience leading I&C projects and specifying and applying instruments, analyzers & control valves.
- 10+ years of experience within an industrial environment (refinery or petrochemical)
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Chemical or Mechanical
- Working knowledge of IEC, ISA, and API codes and standards
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including: Word, Excel, Access
- Ability to work extended shifts.
- Experience with DCS, SIS & PLC systems