Our client, a major midstream company, is seeking an Instructional Design Specialist to work a 12-month contract in Calgary, AB.
The Instructional Design Specialist will:
- Participate in sessions to identify and define general competency areas.
- Perform Training Needs Analysis (TNA) activities in support of Change Management initiatives.
- Assist in the creation and revision of Competency Standards based on the review of existing programs and materials, output from interview sessions, and completed Training Needs Analyses.
- Develop outcome-based learning content that supports competency development by following the ADDIE process described in the Competency Assurance Process in the GT Integrated Management System framework.
- Learning content includes, but is not limited to graphics, audio, video, animations, interactive multimedia, quick reference tools, and video application walkthroughs.
- Design learning (establish learning objectives, training plans, etc.)
- Develop learning content (on-the-job training, self-study materials, classroom training, simulator/table-top exercises, web-based training)
- Implement Learning into established or new training programs
- Establish Evaluation strategies that reduce assessment bias, improve performance standards, evaluate program effectiveness, and provide proof of competency and qualification
- Work with Subject Matter Experts and Front Line Leadership to design, develop, implement and evaluate web-based and blended learning based on needs analyses, learning theory and best practices.
- Create effective infographics that reinforce training concepts and outcomes.
- Update legacy learning materials to ensure they are effective, efficient, and consistent with corporate and industry standards.
- 7+ years of directly related experience.
- Extensive and specific knowledge of Articulate Storyline 360
- Competent user of content creation tool(s) – extensive and specific knowledge of Articulate Storyline 360.
- Degree in Adult Learning and/or Instructional Design -- preferably at the master’s level
- Competent user of LMS application (s).
- Strong coaching skills – training and/or certification as a coach is considered an asset.
- Limited Travel availability