Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek an Installation Analysis Project Engineer to work in their office located in Suresnes/Sutton for a contract.
DESCRIPTION OF ROLE
The installation analysis project engineer – Pipeline Group role incorporates the full installation process from installation analysis up to the following of offshore operation.
She/he is responsible for delivering fit for purpose rigid pipeline installation analysis on projects or tenders with specific focus on safe and cost effective installation operations.
She / He is responsible to the Analysis Team Lead, and on projects of tenders, supervised by the installation engineer Senior or Lead – Pipeline Group.
SPECIFIC KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACTIVITIES
- Performs detailed feasibility studies and S-lay, J-lay and/or Reel-lay pipeline installation analysis, considering all associated risk and ensure that all safety rules are considered for various operations such as pipe laying, riser installation, pipeline structure in line installation.
- Contribute to laying methods determination (S-Lay, J-Lay, reeling as applies).
- Ensure the quality of its analysis in alignment with procedure, and the respect of the planning
- Interfaces with associated subsea related disciplines and understands the interfaces within a project environment.
- Provides engineering support during operations with occasional periods offshore or on yard,
- Ensures all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed
- Participates actively to the PG department know-how consolidation,
- Proposes innovative solutions allowing cost & risks reduction
- 1 to 3 years' experience in installation or construction projects
- Proficient with Orcaflex
- Python and Abaqus knowledge or work experiences are desirable
- Able to work in teams
- Sound communication skills
- Ability for excellent report writing skills
- Ability to self-check and produce accurate work
- Shall be self-motivated and have well developed interpersonal skills
- A willingness to travel on short assignments overseas