Installation Analysis (Lifting) Senior Engineer
We are currently seeking an Installation Analysis (Lifting) Senior Engineer on behalf of our client, an international EPC company based in Paris, starting as soon as possible. The contract will run until end of June 2021 and could potentially be renewed.
Missions and Responsibilities:
Within the Subsea Installation Department, you will be reporting to the Installation Analysis Discipline Manager.
Mobilized on a project or a proposal, you will perform & coordinate the Installation Analysis Engineering activities.
Your main mission is:
- (Depending on the project context), supervising a (local/remote) team of Installation Analysis engineers;
- Setting-up/Approving installation analysis Basis of Design;
- Developing detailed installation analysis engineering (calculation and reporting);
- Reviewing and validating (as "checker") installation analysis documents of engineers you will potentially lead;
- As accountable for installation analysis engineering scheduling/progress;
- As accountable for installation analysis engineering technical integrity within the project (executing in compliance with TechnipFMC, Company and Third Party standards applicable to the project/proposal);
- Taking decisions, in agreement with the Lead Installation Engineer and Project Engineering Manager;
- Optimizing/challenging engineering solutions;
- If necessary, liaising with Installation Analysis Discipline Manager to validate complex engineering solutions;
- If necessary, contributing to training of junior engineers assigned to the project;
- Support the Installation Analysis Discipline Manager on peers and direct reports performance evaluation;
- Ensuring close out reports at the end of the project, according to the budget;
- Ensuring interface/communication/coordination with all projects disciplines and project management:
- If necessary, setting-up/leading engineering meeting;
- Contributing to offshore operations (office & on-board installation vessels).
Engineer (mechanical, marine, naval architect), with minimum 6-8 years experience on Oil&Gas Industry as Installation Analysis Engineer.
Experience on different products & installation methodologies (rigid & flexible pipeline, umbilicals, lifting, S-lay, J-Lay, Reel Lay, mooring, etc…).
Past experience about complex lifting installation analysis engineering is required, with deep knowledge of both analytical (e.g. DNV simplified lifting approach) and numerical (modelling of complex 3D shapes and large with respect to wave length) lifting analysis approaches.
You are methodical, dynamic, proactive, open-minded with a marked team spirit. You are used to work in multicultural environments.
You already managed a team of engineers and you are willing to share your knowledge with junior engineers.
Advanced Orcaflex skills are required.
You write and speak English fluently, you are mobile worldwilde.
Will be highly appreciated:
- Previous project experiences as Installation Analysis Lead Engineer for major Companies & Contractors;
- Previous offshore experience;
- Visual Basic and Python programming skills.