Our client, an Oil & Gas Major with existing facilities and new upcoming project scopes, require an Inspection Engineer to join their team based in Perth, for an initial 12 month contract role
Ownership of the asset pressure equipment Inspection strategies and provision of technical Material Inspection and Corrosion Engineering support for the asset.
- Inspection scope development
- Support Maintenance with planning, scheduling and execution of inspection work.
- Inspection Report review and sign off (including appropriate corrective action).
- RBI (Risk Based Inspection) updates
- Pressure equipment inspection strategy management and optimisation for delivering lifecycle equipment performance consistent with facility specific Performance Standards and other specifications while optimising execution in co-operation with Maintenance. Also includes input to budget and asset/ maintenance reference plans.
- Timely and fit for purpose technical MICE support for the asset (including but not limited to pressure equipment inspection, NDT, corrosion, coating, and welding support)
- Site visits
- Recommend opportunities to improve system specification performance where such improvement has agreed value for Decide by budget holder/asset manager
- Recommend technical management of change (MOC) decisions for change in risk region according to the Engineering Management Procedure
Skill & Experience
- Tertiary Qualifications in Engineering (Materials, Corrosion, Inspection disciplines) coupled with experience in an Inspection / Integrity Engineering role
- Demonstrated experience within hydrocarbon sector in either Onshore or Offshore facilities (Asset support team experience essential). Upstream Oil & Gas experience is highly desirable
- Behaves and leads others in a manner consistent with company values
Demonstrable core discipline technical competence, skills and experience in the following areas:
- Inspection (Including experience and knowledge in in-service pressure equipment inspection and a sound understanding of legislative regulations relating to inspection requirements).
- NDT (Understanding of NDT techniques and ability to choose and specify appropriate NDT technique/s for specific applications)
- Corrosion Control and Monitoring (including sound understanding of relevant Damage Mechanisms and how to mitigate these)
- RBI (Risk Based Inspection)
- Coatings application and maintenance
- Materials selection and specification
- Fitness for service assessments
Demonstrable general competence & skills in the following areas
- Effective decision making in the presence of uncertainty and risk and considering and balancing business dimensions e.g. technical, cost, schedule.
- Effective written, presentation and verbal communication to all levels
- Effective planning ability to enable delivery
- Ability to effectively use & manage contractors to support delivery
- Excellent people and stakeholder management skills
- IDMS (or equivalent)
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia will be considered.
To apply simply press the ‘Apply’ button. Due to the large number of applicants, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For further information please contact Han Yeang on +61 8 6146 4343