Our client, a major Oil and Gas company, is looking for a Document Control Coordinator to work on a contract in El Segundo, CA.
- The role of the Information Management Coordinator is to support Manufacturing’s Capital Projects with Information Management and document control activities.
- The Information Management Coordinator reports to the Project Controls Team Lead at each site.
- The Information Management Coordinator facilitates the seamless transmission of documents between EP contractors and the company and ensures compliance with our practices to maintain the integrity of the information.
- The work requires a high degree of collaboration with both external and internal stakeholders to develop and implement solutions to issues pertaining to IM and document control, including the closeout and handover of final project deliverables in accordance with refinery requirements.
- Provide Information Management support services across capital projects by working closely with project managers for successful project delivery.
- Supports project teams in organizing, tracking, and reporting project technical data and deliverables.
- Build or support project team SharePoint sites to ensure that they are user friendly and intuitive.
- Collaborate with Project Managers to ensure all temporary, emergency, and regular MOC’s are closed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent certification
- 5-10 years industry working experience in areas of technical administrative support and document management
- 5+ years working in project technical information management assignments
- Expert level proficiency in Project Information Management skill area within Oil and Gas Industry
- Skill and experience in supervision and training of Information Management / Document Control personnel in an Oil and Gas industry project team
- Understanding of information and documentation needs and uses in operating oil and gas facilities
- Experience in a Production, Refining or Chemicals operations technical support organization is desirable
- High skill in written communications including proven ability to create procedures, guides and training
- Strong influencing, consulting, mentoring, analytical, and computing skills