Our client, a major refinery, is looking for an Industrial Hygienist to work on a long-term contract in Rodeo, CA.
- Conduct IH exposure monitoring to meet the company’s sampling plans
- Coordinate the site's respirator and hearing conservation programs
- Coordinate the site’s portable and personal gas monitor programs
- Conduct ventilation surveys for laboratories, shops, and field equipment
- Update the SDS database as needed and participate in the new chemical review process
- Enter information into the site’s database systems
- Report metrics on the site’s progress in meeting IH goals
- Support the site Health & Safety Team on IH issues as requested, receiving daily direction from the site H&S Team Lead
- Conduct inspections and audits of site's IH programs
- Support the company's HSE Refining/IH on company-wide initiatives if requested (occasional)
- Provide after-hours on-call IH/Safety support if requested (not expected, but may occur in rare circumstances)
- BS or MS in Occupational Health or Industrial Hygiene would be preferred. Otherwise, a degree in Safety, Public Health, Environmental.
- A CIH or CSP would be an asset
- 2 to 5+ years of experience, preferably in oil & gas.