Our client, a major petrochemical company, is lookig for an Industrial Hygiene Support to work on a 12-months contract in Fort Saskatchewan, AB.
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining occupational hygiene and health practices and programs such as;
- Chemical Management
- Heat Stress
- Breathing Air / SCBA
- Various training programs
- Participate and interface with various technical groups and various stakeholders within the organization, for assessment of process hazards.
- Provide recommendations to reduce the risk of employee exposure to workplace hazards;
- Review incident and hazard reports related to occupational hygiene and make recommendations for improvement;
- Prepare and communicate training, educational resources, and technical aids for occupational hygiene curriculum;
- Collaborate and provide technical guidance to the various technical, engineering, and operational groups;
- Audit with focus on occupational health and safety programs, policies and procedures;
- Identify appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) to protect employee from exposure to occupational hygiene and health related hazards;
- Support the development of occupational health and safety plans, occupational hygiene sampling, and hazard assessments
- 5+ years of Industrial Hygiene oil and gas or petrochemical industry experience
- Petrochemical manufacturing facility experience considered an asset
- Strong working knowledge of legislative requirements in Canada, specially in Alberta.
- Intermediate experience developing and delivering company health and safety program training and workshops
- Related post-secondary health, hygiene, Environment and safety degree, diploma, certifications considered an asset
- Related Industrial/Occupational Hygiene, safety, health, and environment designations considered an asset, this may include;
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
- Registered Occupational Hygienist (ROH)
- Registered Occupational Hygiene Technologist (ROHT)
- Master of Public Health (MPH)
- This position is 80% office and documentation development, with a transition to field support with an approximate ratio of 50% field to 50% office
- Strong computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, sharepoint, Excel, Word, Teams and PowerPoint).