Airswift has been tasked by one of our major oil & gas clients to seek a I/E Project Manager to work within their facilities located in Convent, LA for an on-going contract.
Within this position, you will be responsible for developing and executing capital projects to deliver timely, economical, and safe completion.
- Act as the liaison with operations;
- Develop and manage project scopes and schedules;
- Estimate and control costs;
- Determine applicable client and regulatory policies and procedures and assure project compliance;
- Define and coordinate the work of engineering disciplines, both in-house and contract;
- Review and approve drawings including flow sheets, isos, layouts, etc. and vendor submittals;
- Prepare procedures, specifications, and bid packages;
- Specify, requisitions, and expedite materials and equipment;
- Coordinate construction and turn-over to operations; and
- Communicate the design and technical issues to technical and non-technical functions through reports, memos, design documents, and presentations in a manner that is concise, factual and effective. Trains, directs, and reviews the work of lower level technical staff.
- Recommend action to improve the quality of the engineering function and working on new engineering methods.
Previous education and experience required:
- Graduate engineer
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in chemical or petrochemical plant
- Experience with electrical & instrumentation design
- Responsible for assuring that capital, operating, and engineering costs are optimized, that all work is completed as scheduled and meets all environmental, health, safety, legal and code requirements.
- Field experience with installation of chemical plant equipment.