Airswift has been tasked by one of our O&G clients to seek an I&E Electrical Technician to join them on an 8 months contract in Beaumont, TX.
- Installs and maintains instrument equipment in compliance with all rules and practices.
- Support field electrical maintenance work and electrical isolation (Lockout Tag out Lock
Out Tag Out (LOTO)) for lighting, air-condition, and motor maintenance.
- Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, updates, and oversees all activities within his or her areas of responsibility according to the laws, regulations, standards, specifications, and procedures.
- Special emphasis must be placed on health, safety, and the environment.
- Supports and encourages team effort between operations, engineering, and projects groups Provide input and review the electrical and control specifications and work practices
- Is responsible and accountable for electrical and control systems as defined in the Work Management Manual
Has the knowledge to apply and follow work permits through Permit To Work System (PTWS) as
discussed in the Work Management Manual
Ensures the quality and timely completion of work scheduled by the Maintenance Program
- Develops personal and team technical skills (for example, new regulations, equipment, methods, and others)
Attends and instructs (as needed) technical meetings, to keep instrument and electrical technicians
informed of the latest specifications, codes, procedures, and technology
- Develops and maintains open communications on control issues (for example, safe work practices, training, materials, and others) with co-workers
- Supports work prioritization to maximize effectiveness and to complement the efforts of other workgroups
Provides technical support to other Technicians for maintenance and troubleshooting on company's
instrument and electrical systems
- Can generate Management of Change requests (MOCs) on electrical and control-related equipment and installation and can follow up with installation inspections consistent with Operations Integrity Management System (OIMS) Element 3
Constructs, monitors, and inspects new installations for their consistency with the mission and
recommend upgrades as necessary
- Acts as a standin for the Instrument and Electrical Lead position as needed SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of grade 12 or an equivalent high school education, preferably
enhanced by related technical school courses
- A minimum of five years of maintaining electrical systems and Instruments and Controls in processing plant or offshore production plant General Technical Skills
- Is familiar with regulations applicable to the operations of oil and gas facilities
- OIMS systems, related manuals, and procedures Specific Technical Skills
- Meets the safety, administrative, and technical training requirements associated with this position as documented in the company operations approved training roadmap
- Possesses the general competencies and Operations Integrity Critical competency requirements as documented and maintained in company Operations Training roadmap
Computing skills Attitudes and Behavior
- Safety orientated
- Good communication skills
- Good organizational and reporting skills
- Attention to details
- Good troubleshooting and analyzing skills