Our major client in Oil & Gas industry, is seeking a Night I&E Technician II to work within their facilities located in Carlsbad, NM for a 1+ Year assignment.
Installs and maintains electrical and instrument equipment in compliance with all rules and practices. Tests and repairs electrical and instrumentation systems utilized by production equipment to ensure adherence to established performance levels and product quality. Evaluates electrical systems and instruments to establish plans for repair. Documents and verifies problems and actions taken
- Plans, updates, and oversees all activities within his or her areas of responsibility according to the laws, regulations, standards, specifications, and procedures. Special emphasis must be placed on health, safety, and the environment
- Supports and encourages team effort between operations, engineering, and projects groups Provides input and reviews the control specifications and work practices.
- Is responsible and accountable for electrical and control systems as defined in the Work Management Manual.
- Has the knowledge to apply and follow work permits through Permit To Work System (PTWS) as discussed in the Work Management Manual.
- Ensures the quality and timely completion of work scheduled by the Maintenance Program.
- Develops personal and team technical skills (for example, new regulations, equipment, methods, and others).
- Attends and instructs (as needed) technical meetings, to keep instrument and electrical technicians informed of the latest specifications, codes, procedures, and technology Develops and maintains open communications on electrical and control issues (for example, safe work practices, training, materials, and others) with coworkers.
- Supports work prioritization to maximize effectiveness and to complement the efforts of other work groups.
- Provides technical support to other Technicians for maintenance and troubleshooting on company’s instrument and electrical systems.
- Is able to generate Management of Change requests (MOCs) on electrical and control-related equipment and installation and can follow up with installation inspections consistent with Operations Integrity Management System (OIMS) Element 3 Constructs, monitors, and inspects new installations for their consistency with the mission and recommend upgrades as necessary.
- Acts as a standin for the Instrument and Electrical Lead position as needed.
- Experience troubleshooting PLC’s.
- Experience with Tank Battery.
- Instrumentation is Emerson experience; Understanding of the Emerson Gateway for Wireless Transmitters and using the Trex handheld calibrator.
- Associates degree preferably enhanced by related technical school courses; A minimum of 10 years of maintaining electrical systems and Instruments and Controls in processing plant or offshore production plant General Technical Skills.
- Saltwater Disposal operations a plus. (Knowledge of AB Control Logix Platform Plc’s. Specifically, the building and implementation of Add On Instructions)
- Good understanding of Multiple type of Networks, Modbus mapping, IP addressing schemes. AB Powerflex drives and smart MCC’s, Red Lion HMI’s. All
- Is familiar with regulations applicable to the operations of oil and gas facilities OIMS systems, related manuals, and procedures Specific Technical Skills.
- Meets the safety, administrative, and technical training requirements associated with this position as documented in the company operations-approved training roadmap Possesses the general competencies and Operations Integrity Critical competency requirements as documented and maintained in company Operations Training roadmap.
- Computing skills Attitudes and Behavior.
- Good troubleshooting and analyzing skills; Safety orientated; Good communication skills; Good organizational and reporting skills Attention to details.
Work Schedule: 14 days on / 14 days off (7 PM – 7 AM)