Airswift has been tasked by one of our major clients in the Oil & Gas Industry to seek an Instrumentation & Electrical Inspector to work in their facilities located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania for a 6-Month Contract on a 6/10 basis.
The successful candidate will work with a project manager, construction manager and inspection team for the assigned project. He will be responsible for the quality and reporting schedule and budget concerns to the construction manager and project manager. They will be accountable for their assigned disciplines and area of responsibilities. The successful candidate will be trained on Company procedures and policies.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures that QC documents are being completed
- Maintains documentation per project QA/QC Manual.
- Keeps the Project Manager abreast of all schedule issues.
- Maintains continual communications with Contractor’s field supervisory personnel to ensure all project objectives are attained.
- Provides field administration for all field contract services.
- Maintains Daily Inspection Reports.
- Prepares and submits necessary Daily Construction Progress Reports.
- Maintains construction records and progress reports.
- Ensures that all installations meet current NEC Requirements.
- Check for trenching location, elevation, and forms, and that trench is free of organic or loose debris.
- Check conduit for size, type, orientation and location as required by specifications and drawings. Also check conduit for proper tagging corresponding with numbering systems on engineered drawings.
- Check for underground interference with piping, etc.
- Check for correct conduit support spacing and tie-downs
- Ensures Conduit ends are not left open and are capped with pipe caps.
- Record field revisions ("As-Built") on drawings and return to Engineering
- Ensures all Grounding and Cable Trays is installed to specifications and drawings and that the conductor is correct size and type.
- Witnesses resistance test and record on proper Field Test Reports.
- Inspects all electrical equipment for damage and/or missing parts.
- Ensures installations follow drawings and standards, including Switchgear Above 600 Volts, Oil Circuit Breakers, Distribution Transformers, Volt Switch racks, Motor Control Centers, Power and Lighting Panelboards and Bus Duct
- Witnesses the Terminations and completes local checks of all Devices.
- Commissions all Devices and Systems.
- Physically check tubing connections on junction boxes and piping of instrument air systems and tubing size per drawings.
- Verify pressure test of pneumatic loops for leaks and proper operation of signal valves, pneumatic actuated valve, transmitters, etc.
- Witness the calibration of the field loop instrument.
- Witness loop-check of the electronic circuits for continuity and ground fault before power is applied.
- Check. pressure taps and gauge connections on isolation valves for
- Check all tubing and tubing connections for damage and leaks before start-up.
- Verify tagging to the P&ID drawings for each instrument
PREVIOUS EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Knowledgeable and experienced in all phases of Instrumentation & Electrical inspection.
- Experience in troubleshooting issues and assisting in check out and commissioning of systems.
- Minimum of 10 years’ verifiable experience as an I&E supervisor/inspector.
- TWIC card is required
- Midstream Experience