Airswift has been tasked by one of our key clients to find an Experienced I&E Construction Coordinator to join their team on a 1-year contract (in the first place) that will turn into a contract extension, therefore the company is looking forward to finding a professional that can commit with a long-term job. Professional will be working on Lake Charles, Louisiana.
Instrument & Electrical (I&E) Construction Coordinator
Construction Coordinator will assist with field based Industrial Capital Construction related activities. Skills in key construction activities such as technical and safety integrity of the field engineering and construction, field procurement, interfaces with QA/QC, Construction Contractors, Operations and facilities start-up activities. Competent to supervise all technical construction work associated in accordance with the assigned Project Scope of work.
- Responsible for Assisting with developing the Construction Execution Plan, which details the contracting strategy, management systems and staffing through which the build will be completed.
- Influencing design engineering work, through constructability reviews, to ensure accessibility in all areas of the facility including Inside battery limits (ISBL) and outside battery limits (OSBL) and for efficient use of yard space.
- Ensuring equipment and materials are arranged for efficient handling and lifting.
- Coordinating with the site team, this includes construction supervision in I&E disciplines and field staff within Health Safety and Environmental, QA/QC, materials control, logistics, project controls and contract administration functions.
- Implementing logistical and Human Resource solutions associated with mobilizing site teams, including offices, Information Technology, transportation and accommodation arrangements, emergency evacuation procedures, medical and recreational facilities.
- Participating in kick-off meetings
- Participating in Site Safety Management System; delivering on pre-agreed site safety (and environmental) targets for Company and Contractor staff
- Assisting construction lead with site QA/QC Management Systems utilizing 3rd party specialist contractor services as appropriate.
- Reviewing and assisting Construction Management in approving of contractor's schedules and planning basis
- Ensuring accuracy of Construction Contractor progress statements and time sheets
- Specifying and negotiating progress recovery measures with contractor as appropriate
- Supervising contractor construction team activities
- Focuses on safe performance of work, ensuring compliance with construction contract documents; ensuring compliance with corporate requirements and initiatives related to contractor health, safety and environment (HSE)
- Verify that the contractor meets all contract obligations and verify quality assurance
- Responsible for performing the required verification of the correctness and adequacy of the construction contractor's work in accordance with applicable specification, drawing and procedural requirements
- Ensure that corrective actions are taken to resolve non-conformance conditions
- Initiate, for defective work, a technical assurance alert or nonconformance report and submit the report to construction management
- Responsible for observing and reporting on construction activities related to I&E construction disciplines
- Responsible to utilize stop work Authority to the Contractor for unsafe practices
- Witness Contractor's activities and endorse Suppliers' and Contractor's quality records, as appropriate
- Witness acceptance tests and perform final quality check prior to acceptance of equipment and materials, as appropriate
- 5+ years of experience as a Construction Coordinator in domestic capital project construction in the Petro-Chemical industry primarily in the area of site construction, fabrication, and installation, though other industrial construction experience may qualify
- Preferred Qualifications and Skills are Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or 5+ years equivalent training and craft experience or 5+ years Capital Construction experience
- Demonstrable technical competency in reading Engineering documents, QA/QC requirements and Industry Standard Practices
- Demonstrable interpersonal, teambuilding and team leading skills
- TWIC card Required