Airswift has been tasked by one of our major downstream clients to seek an Instrument & Controls Project Engineer to work within their facilities located in Borger, TX for an on-going contract.
Within this position, you will be responsible providing technical support to projects from FEL through commissioning, startup and turnover to operations.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Participating and promoting all aspects of refinery safety programs.
- Visibly demonstrating commitment to the workplace safety and health of employees and contractors through personal engagement and sound decisions.
- Reviewing and/or developing Instrument design packages for capital projects.
- Designing and implementing solutions on projects for continuous improvement to drive reliability and asset improvements.
- Supporting documentation systems and processes that maintain accurate I&C equipment information and drawings.
- Performing Criticality Analysis for instrumentation and maintaining the criticality ranking for this equipment.
- Identifying equipment problems and recommending appropriate measures to control, manage and correct issues.
- Recommending material upgrades or changes as the situation and conditions warrant.
- Participating in Process Hazards Analyses for projects.
- Designing, recommending, and implementing new equipment solutions where justified.
- Serve as a technical resource to properly identify new and existing equipment specifications and proper operating parameters/ranges for I&C equipment.
- Utilizing Life Cycle Cost and Decision & Risk Analysis processes to assist with repair vs. replace decisions and infrastructure project needs.
- Developing capital and expense budget requirements related to I&C system upgrades, PM/PdM programs, repairs, expansions, etc.
- Evaluating and recommending improvements to spares inventory and storage solutions.
- Participating in knowledge share in Automation Team roundtables.
- Initiating and evaluating management of changes (MOC).
Previous education and experience required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering. An acceptable alternative to an Engineering degree is 25 years relevant engineering duties leading I&C projects as well as specifying and applying instruments, analyzers & control valves.
- Experience leading I&C projects as well as specifying and applying instruments, analyzers & control valves.
- 10+ years of experience within an industrial environment.
- Working knowledge of IEC, ISA, and API codes and standards.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, Access
- Ability to work extended shifts.
- Experience with DCS, SIS & PLC systems