Airswift has been tasked by one of our major oil & gas clients to seek an Instrumentation &Controls Engineer V to work within their facilities located in Carlsbad, NM for an initial 12-month contract, likely to be extended.
Within this position, you will be responsible for evaluating and commenting on discipline engineering work performed both internally and by contractors and sub-contractors to ensure that work is being executed. Alongside this, will facilitate effective execution of discipline engineering and design routines.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Guarantee accurate and timely communication among the Project Team and other Company functions on discipline engineering activities, progress, and issues
- Analyze maintenance records to determine instrument failure rates, availability / reliability calculations, failure modes identification, and program effectiveness
- Improve and execute process control investigation programs
- Collect and trend process data
- Perform process control attitude and stability reviews coupled with execution of control logic updates and loop tuning
- Develop equipment strategies/maintenance plans for instrumentations and control systems
Previous education and experience required:
- 10+ years of experience within a similar position
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical or related engineering discipline
- Experience in selection, application, and ISA data sheet specification of hardware including pressure/ temperature /level instruments, control valves, shutdown valves, and fire/gas detection
- Skilled in SAP, Analytics for Excel and Tableau Ability
- Experience with pipeline and pump installation and operation