1. As required, operate and monitor the plant, making operating adjustments including initiating startup or shutdown action as appropriate.
2. Coordinate and provide daily direction to maintenance technicians. Develop and maintain on call schedules. Play a major role in outage planning and implementation.
3. Act as the point of contact for vendors, owner’s representatives and for EN supervision.
4. Perform all outage and routine plant maintenance tasks, troubleshoot systems utilizing blueprints, electrical diagrams and hardware component manuals.
5. Operate pickup trucks, fork lifts and perform rigging operations as assigned in a safe manner.
6. Conduct preventative maintenance as scheduled, and perform tasks such as simple metal work, carpentry, support equipment repair/servicing and other similar needs of this remote job site.
7. Collect operational data and produce routine reports.
8. Perform tasks in accordance with all applicable policies and procedures.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED and completion of a one-year trade school.
- Additional experience may be considered in lieu of trade school.
- At least eight years of experience in operations, maintenance, electrical, mechanical, and/or instrumentation at an operating generating facility.
- General knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems.
- Must be capable of utilizing Microsoft Office and the related word processing systems
- Be familiar with/or willing to learn the EN work management system (faciliworks).
- Rudimentary knowledge of fire prevention techniques and First Aid training.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Describe equipment, machinery, tools, materials, work-aids, and materials utilized in the performance of the job.
- Hand tools, electric drills, skill/table saws, chain saws, some hydraulic and air tools, electrical test equipment, cranes, Pickup truck, and forklift.