Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Midstream clients to seek a Hydraulic Engineer to work within their facilities located in Houston, TX for an initial 12-months assignment.
· Calculate and post operational capacity on a monthly basis and support Capacity Scheduling, Gas Control and Commercial Operations on ad-hoc requests when unplanned system outage occur.
· Perform detailed capacity analysis for planned outages such as pipeline integrity planning to minimize outage impacts on customers and minimize revenue loss.
· Facilitate short-term capacity opportunities and support Marketing in the development and Gas Control in the execution of these plans.
· Assist / support discretionary capital project development / implementation.
· Track and Monitor pipeline system imbalances and system fuel/electricity account, supporting regulatory in FERC filings and rate cases.
· Enhance and maintain collaborative working relationships with Asset Planning, Transmission, Gas Control, Operations, Scheduling, Marketing, Regulatory, IT and E&C.
· Monitor/manage natural gas storage inventories, both physical and customer, provide directions on inventory movement to Gas Control and storage staff to support marketing strategies.
· Provide daily guidance to storage staff on horsepower usage and inventory allocation to optimize fuel utilization.
· Coordinate planned/unplanned outages with field, Gas Control and marketing to minimize interruption to customer nominations.
· Create inventory plans to facilitate marketing to capture short term financial gains.
· Help design/budget/coordinate/execute storage expansion projects, including de-bottlenecking and optimization studies for operational enhancements and flexibility.
· Support underground storage in inventory testing and regulatory filings.
· Maintain operational capacity map and SUD map.
· Assist in the ongoing development and maintenance of key Company real time system.
· Maintain online fuel/electric tracking system.
· Maintain and update online storage inventory tracking system.
· Maintain and update company online system load forcaster.
· Undergraduate Engineering degree.
· 4-7 years with pipeline and storage related experience.
· Natural Gas Pipeline Modeling experience.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to develop collaborative working relationships with other departments to achieve goals.
· Knowledge of hydraulic simulation and related commercial software.
· Experience with Gas Control, and Gas Pipeline & Storage Operations.
· Basic understanding of pipeline and storage commercial operations and energy markets.