HVAC Mechanic II – Groton, CT
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client is seeking an HVAC Mechanic to work within their facilities located in Groton, CT, for a 3 months assignment (temp to hire) in a 5/40 schedule and 7am – 3:30pm shifts.
The HVAC Mechanic II will perform maintenance and repairs on office facilities and plant. The contractor will execute skilled mechanical maintenance duties in the inspection, repair, installation and alteration of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems and related equipment and facilities. He/she will also perform preventive maintenance and routine servicing of equipment. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Performs repairs and maintenance in plant or office facilities, or on facilities machines and equipment.
- Performs repairs and maintenance on HVAC equipment: Chillers, AHU, RTUs
- Typically performs work in one or more of the maintenance trades: HVAC, carpentry, plumbing, painting, machine and equipment repair and electrical.
- Conducts routine, periodic, or special inspections to determine repair and maintenance work necessary to prevent breakdowns of facilities, machinery, and equipment.
- Uses hand and power tools.
- Tests, inspects, troubleshoots, and repairs machines and equipment.
- Uses blueprints, sketches, layouts, wiring diagrams, drawings, and specifications.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience of relevant experience
- May require vocational or technical education and advanced certification
- High school diploma or equivalent CFC certification