Airswift is seeking an HSSE Advidor (dayshift) to work on a 12-months assignment with one of our clients in Kitimat, British Columbia.
- Provides support to Contractors and Owner teams on OHS regulatory or project requirements.
- Support the project with respect to HSSE inspections, HSSE audits, HSSE reviews, incident investigations and LFIs.
- Meet regulatory and site specific HSSE objectives/strategies and anticipate/forward planning of supporting work for OHS and the site HSSE Program compliance process.
- Implementation of Construction HSSE program and processes for the company
- Overseeing HSSE activities and ensuring that project deliverables are proceeding according to plan.
- Representing the company’s Construction HSSE Lead in meetings with main or sub-tier Contractors.
- Ensuring that the Main Contractor completes a Contractor Pre-Qualification processes for sub-tier Contractors.
- Providing technical input and subject matter expertise (SME) with respect to the Construction HSSE program.
- Accountable for monitoring, reporting of compliance and assurance against HSSE objectives/targets as well as Performance Monitoring and Reporting (PMR) requirements.
- Overseeing and providing input in contractor and subcontractor’s Hazard and Effects Management Process (HEMP), including application of HAZIDs, Structured Risk Assessments and JSAs.
- Ensuring that the HSSE-related records and documentation is maintained and developing processes for ensuring compliance
- Developing the HSSE audit processes aimed at monitoring compliance with OHS and project requirements through participation in regular audits and site visits.
- Ensures that contractor teams have controls in place for effective management of HSSE risks
- University degree and / or technical diploma or Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety.
- Mega Construction Project experience greater than 20 years of experience in the construction industry
- Safety related experience with facility fabrication, construction, transportation, and pre-commissioning as appropriate for specific project.
- 7+ years of experience working within major EPCM and Owner Organizations in the field of HSSE.