One of our major clients in the Oil & Gas Industry is looking for an HSE Specialist / WSER II to work in their facilities located in Dickinson, North Dakota on a 6-month assignment.
- Provide safety leadership to management and employees to include OSHA standards and compliance strategies, DOT Compliance Requirements and Client's policies and standards.
- Performs tasks in a wide range of environmental, health and safety disciplines to achieve compliance with the organization's EH&S standards and with federal and state regulatory requirements.
- Assists in the development, implementation and maintenance of programs, systems and procedures necessary to ensure the overall safety and health of employees and the community.
- Assists in monitoring and preventing chemical, physical and biological hazards and diseases that could be present in the work area.
- Works with others to investigate accidents, injuries, and complaints concerning hazards or uncomfortable conditions in the workplace.
- Participates in recommending improvements in processes, design, procedures, and operating equipment, to minimize the hazardous potential.
- Ensures HSE excellence through training, involvement in behavior-based programs, auditing of management and safety systems, rig inspections, gathering and trending leading and trailing indicators, and participation in the incident investigation & reporting processes.
- Be a functional expert in most health, safety, and environmental disciplines.
- Provides guidance, regulatory interpretation, and assists with procedure development for a variety of HSE issues.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID 19
- 3-5 years of experience.
- Moving towards full competency.
- Requires a broader, general understanding of discipline.
- Identifies problems and develops potential solutions.
- Makes decisions within well-defined parameters.