Our client, a major company within the Oil and Gas Industry, is looking for a HSE Specialist/WSER II to work on a 7-months contract in Alpine / North Slope, AK.
This position will support the Western North Slope Capital Projects organization, by providing safety oversight for all workers at the jobsite.
- Providing guidance and assistance to ensure compliance HSE requirements
- Identify HSE risks and offer mitigation strategies to the team
- Assess field activities by conducting onsite audits and inspections to ensure HSE compliance
- Support construction activities with Construction Management Group and contractors through active engagement in field activities
- Provide safety leadership to management and employees to include OSHA standards and compliance strategies, DOT Compliance Requirements and Client's policies and standards.
- Assists in the development, implementation and maintenance of programs, systems and procedures necessary to ensure the overall safety and health of employees and the community.
- Assists in monitoring and preventing chemical, physical and biological hazards and diseases that could be present in the work area.
- Works with others to investigate accidents, injuries, and complaints concerning hazards or uncomfortable conditions in the workplace.
- Participates in recommending improvements in processes, design, procedures, and operating equipment, to minimize the hazardous potential.
- Ensures HSE excellence through training, involvement in behavior-based programs, auditing of management and safety systems, gathering and trending leading and trailing indicators, and participation in the incident investigation & reporting processes
- Monitor contractor compliance with contractors' policies, regulatory and company's safety expectations
- Perform construction hazard evaluations
- Review contractor JSA's, participate in toolbox and safety meetings
- 5+ years of Construction HSE experience, preferably within the Oil and Gas industry.
- Professional working experience in construction safety regulations and their applicability to upstream oil and gas operations
- Unescorted NSTC Certification
- Valid Drivers' License
Nice to have:
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Associate Safety Professional (ASP) or Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST)
- OSHA 30 Hour Construction Safety and Health
- CPR/AED/ First Aid
- Hazardous waste operations - 40 hour with current refresher training